Thursday 21 October 2010

Monkeys Gone Wild


Here in Japan we live with Monkeys in every forest even near urban centres. We were with our good friend Olly and on his second day here we saw a monkey race across the freeway in front of us, on his first day here we saw them hanging by the side of a road, so needless to say you are bound to see monkeys if you spend time in Japan. Well, maybe not if you are in Tokyo. Today I was fishing in the dam and on my way back to the car I spotted a large male eating persimmons in a tree, good thing this time I had my camera! He was quite easy to take pictures of and just kept munching on fruit until he decided the shoot should end and ran past me along a fence. This was a bit nerve wracking as male monkeys in Japan are known be aggressive, especially when cornered, but he and I ended the ordeal unscathed, so here are some pics for you all to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment